The Porcupine Warriors striker spent part of last weekend at the hospital after he was rushed for an early treatment
Asante Kotoko striker Songne Yacouba is responding to treatment after suffering a food poison on Saturday in his native country Burkina Faso, AshesGyamera.com can confirm.
The 26-year-old was rushed to the Central Hospital in Ouagadougou and was subsequently admitted for an immediate remedy after he suddenly complained of stomach pains.
“Yacouba is out of danger and he is very fine as we speak,” a source close to the player told AshesGyamera.com.
“He spent two days at the Central Hospital after complaining of a stomach upset. He was discharged on Sunday and we’re happy now. At the hospital, it was revealed that it was food poisoning and the necessary attention needed was given to him to prevent any bad news.
“He is in good shape and will hopefully arrive in Ghana early this week to join his teammates for the Caf Confederation Cup preparation. It wasn’t so serious as early thought and we thank God for that so Kotoko supporters must remain calm,” the source added.
Yacouba has become the poster boy of Kotoko following his incredible eye for goals and swift movement in the opponents’ box.
Kotoko coach C.K Akonnor is banking all his hopes on him ahead of the Caf inter-club competition next month.