Bafana Bafana’s hopes of making it to the World Cup has been dealt a big blow after their protest against Ghana was thrown out by Fifa on Friday
The South African Football Association has hinted that they may head to CAS following the ruling by Fifa in their game against Ghana.
Following Bafana Bafana’s 1-0 defeat to Ghana, SAFA officially wrote to FIFA praying to them for a replay since they believed Senegalese referee Maguitta Ndiaye was manipulated.
However, their case has been thrown out because Fifa insists it did not meet the requirements under article 46 of the Disciplinary Code and article 14 of the Regulations of the Preliminary round of the competition.
“The protest lodged by South Africa has been declared inadmissible by the Disciplinary Committee as it did not meet the requirements foreseen under art. 46 of the FIFA Disciplinary Code and art. 14 of the Regulations of the Preliminary Competition of the FIFA World Cup 2022,” FIFA said in a statement released on Friday.
“The decision is subject to appeal.”
“The South African Football Association (SAFA) will consider its options after the world football governing body (FIFA) dismissed its protest following Bafana Bafana’s controversial 1-0 loss to the Black Stars of Ghana last month,” a SAFA statement read.
SAFA CEO, Advocate Tebogo Monthlante said once SAFA gets reasons for the outcome, will sit down and weigh its options.
“We have received the decision without details and we will request FIFA for the reasons and consider our options.”