The former Black Stars assistant coach was overlooked by the football association as his hopes of becoming the main boss hit a snag
Former Ghana assistant coach Ibrahim Tanko has been appointed new head coach of the Black Stars B, replacing Maxwell Konadu who is currently in charge of Asante Kotoko.
Although, majority of Ghanaians were rooting for Tanko to replaced Kwesi Appiah as the new coach, Tanko has been given the task to manage the local stars as they hope to qualify to the 2022 African Championship.
C.K Akonnor has been tipped to become the new Black Stars coach.
“The Ghana Football Association has named Ibrahim Tanko as Head Coach of the Black Stars ‘B’ national team,” a GFA statement read.
“He will be assisted by Prince Owusu as Assistant 1 and Godwin Attram as Assistant 2.
Other members of the Technical Team are:
- Joseph Akeem Anyagre – Goalkeepers Coach
- Prince Pamboe – Team Doctor
- Edmund Ackah – Welfare Officer
- Justice Kofi Mensah – Equipment Officer
- Emmanuel Armah – Physical Trainer
- Zakari Abdulai – Masseur
- Tijani Mumuni – Equipment Officer.
The GFA has also named a Management Committee for the Black Stars ‘B’ as follows:
- Tony Aubyn – Chairman
- Alhaji Yahaya Sadugu – Vice Chairman
- Takyi Arhin – Member
- Kwesi Adu – Member
- Terry Maxwell Aidan – Member